While gaining weight is extremely easy, on the other hand, losing weight can be equally troublesome. Some people can never make the most of diets, workout routines or supplements because either they are not consistent or they simply lack energy.
For this reason, we bring you the amazing yoga poses which are not only equipment free but are also equally beneficial when weight loss is in question.
Yoga is a form of meditation where the body, mind and soul work together to help relieve stress, oxygenate the body while keeping the soul relieved. Yoga is ideal for all age groups as it does not cause any injuries and can be done effortlessly. Moreover, yoga doesn’t require any equipment, meaning you can practice it at your office, home or even during vacations.
Below is a list of some yoga poses which help weight reduction by working the muscles evenly.
Let’s get started.
The Half Moon Pose
The half moon yoga pose is extremely simple as only stretches are involved. It is one of the basic yoga poses which promote weight reduction around the hamstrings, thighs and hips. If you have love handles and badass thighs, this pose is ideal for you.
- Stand straight with your feet aligned in the center
- Stretch your arms above your head as if reaching for the ceiling.
- Clasp your hands together.
- Now stretch towards the ceiling and start moving towards your left side, keeping your body balanced.
- You should feel the stretch on the opposite side of your body.
- Stretch and go as low as you can.
- Repeat for the other side.
This yoga pose is perfect for weight reduction as it helps tone thighs, hips, calf muscles, belly and definitely the lower abdomen area. While balancing is key for this poses, however it is not that hard.
- Stand straight with hands lowered towards the ground on each side.
- Simply place one leg in front of you while the other should rest at the original position.
- Bend your front leg’s knee at 90 degrees and keep the other leg straight.
- Raise both arms, join them and pretend to touch the ceiling.
- Stay for 10 seconds and repeat for the other leg.
The crescent stretch is a harder version of the normal crescent pose and it is ideal to tone the back muscles, abs, thighs, hips, arms and hamstrings.
- Get into the crescent pose by keeping one leg in front of you and bending it at 90 degrees.
- Move arms towards the ceiling and join them.
- Now simply stretch your arms backwards.
- Let your upper body stretch backwards as much as you can take it.
- Stay for 10 seconds and return.
Must Read: PhenQ
The Boat Rock
The boat rocks or the rocking boat pose is ideal to tone the abs, back legs and hips. It however needs precision because if you don’t do it right, you can hurt your back muscles or promote a cramp.
- Lie down straight on the floor
- Keep hands on each side.
- Now lift your upper body at 90 degrees.
- Slowly move your upper body backwards at 45 degrees and raise both legs up.
- Your body should form a rocking boat position where the pressure should be felt on the abs.
- Stay for 6 seconds. Rest. Repeat.
The hover yoga position is perfect to tone the shoulder fat, hips, arms, abs and definitely the back. This pose needs practice and should not be done without a warm up.
- Lie down on the ground.
- Get into a standard push up position.
- While your palms rest on the ground, slowly lower your chest to form a straight back and bend elbows slightly.
- Stay in this position for as long as you can.
- Rest and repeat.
This is a great yoga exercise for thyroid patients and normal people you want to lose weight. This exercise demands patience and relaxation.
- Sit on the floor with legs curled inwards.
- Keep back straight and rest the hands on both knees.
- Now inhale deeply while keeping the back straight.
- Rest the chin on the mid part of your collar bone and squeeze in your tummy.
- Stay for as long as you can.
- Bring the head to the original position and exhale.
The Chair Seating Pose
Perfect for toning legs, thighs and hips.
- Stand straight with knees locked together.
- Bend your knees and pretend to sit down.
- Keep back straight.
Yoga is the best form of exercise so simply adopt it and see the difference!